Posted on 13 July 2011
Here is another interesting solution on the laptop market, a solar powered netbook from Samsung called NC215s1.
The 10.1-inch netbook is equipped with built-in solar cells on its back lid, which will give you an extra work time when the battery runs out. Spec-wise this laptop comes with LED-backlit (1024 x 600) display and is boosted by an Atom N570 (dual-core) processor paired with 1GB of RAM, GMA 3150 integrated graphics and 250GB HDD. The standard connectivity options are included too – 10/100 LAN, WiFi,802.11bg/n, Bluetooth V3.0 along with a 6-cell battery, which Samsung claims can allow up to 14 hours of operation.
Posted on 30 June 2010
The global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, Samsung Electronics, announced the sleek and Ultra Light N230, which is the latest addition to its N-Series netbook lineup. The N230 Netbook Weights less than one kilogram and is just 23.2mm thick. It also comes with an ergonomic island keyboard.
The Samsung Fast Start which is featured by the N230 netbook delivers convenience and the ability to start working within seconds of powering up the mobile computer. The ultra light N230 by Samsung comes with a LED Display, delivering incredible energy efficiency and battery life in up to seven hours. The battery life can also be extended in up to 13.8 hours.
The N230 is also built with advanced communication technologies including the Bluetooth 3.0 High Speed, 802.11bgn Wireless LAN and a 3G Modem Factory Option, providing high-speed data transfer and access to the Internet, at anytime, and anywhere. It is also perfect for multimedia, with its large 10.1 inch anti-reflective LED display, which delivers rich and clear images.
The N230 is now available globally.
Posted on 12 January 2010
Additionally to Wind U135 which bundles the newest advanced Atom Pine Trail, MSI will also present the Wind U160 netbook at the 2010 CES exhibition. The U160 is being advanced by most recent Atom N450 Pine Trail 1.66Ghz microprocessor. It includes a 10.1-inch netbook which suggest up to 9 hours of continuous battery existence.
MSI Wind U160 encloses a Fancy Gold Color Film Print coating. It also arrives with chiclet keyboard along with a multitouch touchpad. It measures below 1-inch broad as well as weigh up presently 1kg.
Posted on 21 February 2009
Dell officially launched its new Inspiron Mini 10 netbook. The Mini 10 is powered by an Intel Atom Z520 1.33GHz or Z530 1.6GHz processor, Intel Poulsbo US15WGraphics, 1GB of memory, and onboard Intel GMA500 video chipset.
Dell’s colorful Mini 10 has 120GB or 160GB hard drive and a 10.1-inch LED-backlit 1024×576 display. You can also find a 1.3 Megapixel webcam, WiFi 802.11a/g/n and Bluetooth. It runs Windows XP SP3.
According to Dell, the following features will be added to Mini 10 later:
- HD capabilities – Enjoy your favorite movies on the optional 720p Hi-def 10.1¨ seamless display.
- More Storage – Do even more with optional 2GB memory and optional 250GB2 hard drive.
- Navigation – Know your way like the back of your hand using the optional GPS with optional internal WWAN support.
- Design Studio – Personalize your Mini 10 with cool designs from the artist, Tristen Eaton, in Dell’s Design Studio.
- Long battery life – No need to sacrifice weight for battery life. The Inspiron Mini 10 provides extended battery life while keeping the weight of the system under 3 pounds. 3-cell: approx. 3 hours. 6-cell: approx. 6.5 hours.
- The New TV – Watch your favorite TV shows with the internal digital TV tuner.